“When the people saw the sign He had done, they said, “This really is the Prophet who was to come into the world! ” Therefore, when Jesus knew that they were about to come and take Him by force to make Him king, He withdrew again to the mountain by Himself.”, John 6:14-15 HCSB
• So Jesus had performed four miraculous signs up to this point and was about to do the fifth:
1. Turned the water into wine at the wedding.
2. Healed the official’s son.
3. Healed the sick man at the pool.
4. Fed 5000 with barely any bread and fish.
5. Walked on water.
• Note: Only the first two signs are labeled by John as the first and second sign.
“When evening came, His disciples went down to the sea, got into a boat, and started across the sea to Capernaum. Darkness had already set in, but Jesus had not yet come to them. Then a high wind arose, and the sea began to churn. After they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea. He was coming near the boat, and they were afraid. But He said to them, “It is I. Don’t be afraid! ” Then they were willing to take Him on board, and at once the boat was at the shore where they were heading.”, John 6:16-21 HCSB
• Jesus walked on water for at least three for four miles!
• Jesus let His disciples row in the storm for at least three or four miles.
• Question: What would have happened if the disciples were not willing to take Jesus on board? In our lives, when are we unwilling to let Jesus on board?