“(His disciples did not understand these things when they first happened, but when Jesus was glorified, then they remembered that these things were written about him and that these things had happened to him.)”, John 12:16 NET
“So after he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they believed the scripture and the saying that Jesus had spoken.”, John 2:22 NET
- Some of the things that Jesus said to the disciples went straight over there heads until Jesus was glorified. Likewise, I believe some things we learn as Christians go right over our heads until we experience certain things in our journeys with Christ. After we experience those certain things, we can than better understand some things we learned prior to our experience.
“So the crowd who had been with him when he called Lazarus out of the tomb and raised him from the dead were continuing to testify about it.”, John 12:17 NET
- It makes sense that people who witnessed Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead were continuing to testify about it! If that happened today, I am sure many would continually testify about it.
“Because they had heard that Jesus had performed this miraculous sign, the crowd went out to meet him. Thus the Pharisees said to one another, “You see that you can do nothing. Look, the world has run off after him!””, John 12:18-19 NET
- The seven signs in the book of John:
- Turned water to wine.
- Healed royal official’s
- Healed the man at the pool.
- Fed the 5000.
- Walked on water.
- Healed the blind man.
- Rose Lazarus from the dead.
“Now some Greeks were among those who had gone up to worship at the feast. So these approached Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, and requested, “Sir, we would like to see Jesus.””, John 12:20-21 NET